wtorek, 5 grudnia 2017

'modus operandi' - GeniXCMS 1.1.5

During last few days I tried to rewrite few parts of modus.py to get more similar results to those described for the 'latest' version of Horde.

 TL;DR - we have a new version of modus.py =]

...of course: code needs to be changed/fixed/rewrited again (and again... because I think that there is still 'something' to fix or upgrade), so our new version is "official" version 0.2 ;) But still not publicly available.

After last two 'parts' I decided that it will be a good idea to 'teach modus' how to understand bugs related to XSS. I assumed that it will be 'good enough' to prepare the script (using similar skeleton) to find other bugs (later, like sqli/rce/etc...). Version I used:


So, checking with Burp again, then looking for declaration of the param, and next - where it was used in a wrong way (read: without any sanitization):


I don't think that cleanX() is the best way to do it. :7

Why - you will see on the next screen, where cleanX() was used again - but with 'no success'. All parameters in red frame are vulnerable to XSS (later you will see why):


At this stage I used new version of modus.py (output was saved like > file.log). On the screen below I decided to grep only 'info line' about the file 'where the bug was located':


(I think you can identify - and verify ;] - them manualy).

Let's grab some details from modus.py:

 Ok, good. Next:

Looks like modus.py found also our old friend - $mod param:


Below quick sort to get 'vulnerable parameters'.
:


Next grep is to count how many of them you will find in GeniXCMS (in my opinion ~25 should be vulnerable ;) )


Described now as CVE-2017-17431.

tbc.

o/

4 komentarze:

  1. how does the response of the attacked sit ? is it load the alert or not ?

    The cleanX should be filter the XSS also.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. @MG: Feel free to try it... ;>

      Thanks for watching ;)

      Usuń
    2. this has been fixed on new release.

      Usuń
    3. @MG: (sorry for the delay but) thank you for the updates and for watching. :)

      I appreciate it!

      Usuń